Farmers Market Baked Mushrooms
4 large flat mushrooms
4 tbs basil pesto
medium piece of feta cheese
6 slices of prosciutto
4 roma tomatoes
1 medium-large red capsicum
2 cloves garlic
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C
2. Roast the capsicum over the flame of a gas stove, or place under a grill for 6-8 minutes until skin is black and blistered. Scrape off the skin with a butter knife, if it doesn't come off easily place the capsicum in a plastic bag for a few minutes and try again.
3. Heat some olive oil in a fry pan, add chopped onion and soften.
4. Add chopped roast capsicum, finely chopped garlic, finely chopped zucchini (you could grate it) and chopped tomato. Cook until all softened and combined. Finish with cracked pepper to taste.
5. Remove the stems from the mushroom cups and lightly oil both sides before placing them top down in a baking tray.
6. To compile; spread the pesto over the mushroom, crumble the feta cheese over, spoon the tomato and capsicum mix on and then lay the prosciutto over the top.
7. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. (It took 20 mins in a conventional oven)
Serving suggestion: Serve with fresh bread lightly grilled and brushed with a good quality olive oil.