To one of my dearest friends, happy Valentines day.
185g dark chocolate chopped
125g butter chopped
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup plain flour
2x35g Fry's Turkish Delight Bar
1. Preheat oven to 160˚C fan forced (180˚C otherwise) and line a 20cm square tin with baking paper
2. Place chocolate and butter in a bowl and melt over a pot of boiling water.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar, egg and vanilla (be sure to let the chocolate cool first to avoid cooking the eggs).
4. Fold in the flour, the mix should be very thick.
5. Pour the mix into the tin.
6. Cut up the Turkish delight into pieces and poke it into the mix and smooth the mix back over the top.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes. It should still be wobbly when you take it out of the oven, it will set as it cools.