Una Clafoutis alla Francesca
(Serves 8) Gluten Free
1 large tin of fruits (aprox. 400g)*
3/4 cup of sugar
2 tbs plain flour**
300g full fat sour cream
2 whole eggs
1tsp vanilla extract
cinnamon sugar to sprinkle
*I've used mixed berries here, stone fruits and pears also work well
**You can substitute for plain gluten free flour without affecting the taste or consistency
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C
2. Pour the fruits over the base of a pie dish.
2. Combine the sugar, flour, sour cream, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl, whisk until a smooth batter forms.
3. Pour the batter over the fruits gently.
4. Bake for 30 minutes covered with foil, remove foil and bake for a further 30 minutes, or until firm.
5. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar while hot.